Gennaro Boccia was born in Turin in 1983, graduated in Exercise and Sport Science in 2009, he earned his PhD degree in “Complex systems in medicine and life science”
in 2013. Continued the academic path as postdoctoral fellow at the Neuromuscular Function Unit of the Motor Science Research Center (University of Turin) and then at the CeRiSM Research Center
“Sport, Mountain, nd Health” (University of Verona). He is a certified strength and conditioning coach (NSCA) and he worked as strength and conditioning coach of young basketball players until a
short time ago.
He studies methodological issues and practical applications of electromyography to characterize physical exercise, strength training, motor control, and neuromuscular fatigue. He has been a wide range of teaching experiences in undergraduate courses, professional postgraduate education, national and international congresses of sport coaches.
He has been a reviewer for the following journals: Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, Muscle and Nerve, International journal of sports medicine, and Archives of Physiotherapy.
- Beretta Piccoli, Rainoldi, Heitz, Wuthrich, Boccia, Tomasoni, Spirolazzi, Egloff, Barbero, Innervation zone locations in 43 superficial muscles: toward a standardization of electrode positioning, Muscle Nerve (2014), 49:413–421. IF 2.3
- Boccia, Rainoldi, Innervation zones location and optimal electrodes position of obliquus internus and obliquus externus abdominis muscles, Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology (2014), 24(1):25-30. IF 1.6
- Cardinale, Boccia, Greenway, Evans, Rainoldi, The acute effects of spinal manipulation on neuromuscular function in a-symptomatic individuals: a preliminary study, Physical Therapy in Sport (2014), doi: 10.1016/j.ptsp.2014.06.004. IF 1.6
- Boccia, Dardanello, Pizzigalli, Rosso, Rainoldi, Surface EMG and its potential application in aging: a mini-review, Gerontology (2014), IF 3.0 Boccia, Pizzigalli, Formicola, Ivaldi, Rainoldi, Higher neuromuscular manifestations of fatigue in dynamic with respect to isometric pull-up tasks in rock climbers, Journal of Human Kinetics 47 (2015), IF 1.0
- Boccia, Dardanello, Coratella, Rinaldo, Schena, Rainoldi, ¬¬Differences in age-related fiber atrophy between vastii muscles of active subjects: a multichannel surface EMG study, Physiol. Meas. 36 (2015) 1591–1600. IF 1.8
- Moritani, Rainoldi, Boccia, Applications in exercise physiology and sports, chapter in book “Surface electromyography: physiology, engineering and applications”, edited by R. Merletti and D. Farina, IEEE, ISBN: 978-1-118-98702-5
- Boccia, Rinaldo, Dardanello, Coratella, Schena, Rainoldi, Electromyographic manifestations of fatigue correlate with pulmonary function, six minute walk test, and time to exhaustion in COPD, Resp Care (2015) 60(9):1295-302. IF 1.8
- Boccia, Coratella, Dardanello, Rinaldo, Lanza, Schena, Rainoldi, Severe COPD alters muscle fiber conduction velocity during fatiguing contractions, COPD, IF 2.6
- Boccia, Dardanello, Beretta-Piccoli, Cescon, Coratella, Rinaldo, Barbero, Lanza, Schena, Rainoldi, Conduction velocity and fractal dimension time courses during fatiguing contraction of young and elderly active men, Physiol. Meas. 37 (2016)162-74, IF 1.8.
- Romanazzi, Tomasoni, Boccia, Attivazione della muscolatura della spalla durante esercizi di distensione degli arti superiori in differenti condizioni di stabilità, Scienza&Sport (2015), anno VII, n°27. ISSN 2039-0726
- Boccia, Marasso, Le capacità coordinative, capitolo nel libro: “Teoria e Pratica del Movimento: le Basi”, editrice Cortina (2015). ISBN 8882391949
- Cugliari, Boccia, Core training: attivazione muscolare nell’allenamento in sospensione, Scienza&Sport (2015), anno VII, n°26, pp 56-61. ISSN 2039-0726
- Boccia, Surface EMG assessment of motor abilities, muscle coordination, and muscle fatigue. Case studies in exercise and sport sciences. Pubblicato dall'autore, (2013), ISBN 9788891044068
- Genco, Boccia, L’allenamento della forza con volano inerziale: caratterizzazione meccanica e monitoraggio del periodo di apprendimento, Scienza&Sport (2012), anno IV, n°16, pp 14-24. ISSN 2039-0726